PLANNING A CONFERENCE?
DEALING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE
THE ART OF ASSERTIVENESS
POWERFUL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
LEADERSHIP & TEAM BUILDING
COACHING & MENTORING
THINK ON YOUR FEET
SALES CAPABILITY COURSES
THE SALES DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK
| Dealing With Difficult People
Difficult people are everywhere - among our staff, our clients, our senior management, friends, acquaintances, people in the street, and even our own family! Why is it that some people are so difficult to get along with? Wouldn't you like a failsafe way to diffuse difficult situations and achieve the outcome you desire?
Jan Burnes, an International expert on "Conflict Resolution", presents an intensive workshop on "Dealing with Difficult People" which will show you that most people are more different than they are difficult, and that they don't intentionally set out to make your life miserable!
She identifies the different types of people you work with, and then shows you exactly how to communicate effectively with them to get the cooperation and results you need, even with the truly difficult ones.
- How to recognise and manage personality, generational and gender differences
- How to work effectively with multi-cultural teams
- How to get the cooperation and results you need without damaging relationships.
- How to discuss problems without causing defensive reactions
- How to manager your manager
- How to maintain first class customer service - even with difficult customers!
- How to be more assertive in managing conflict
- How to control your own anxieties and fears while confronting difficult people
- How to objectively assess your own behaviours
||YOU…. if you're a manager, supervisor, team leader, or employee who wants to learn how to diffuse negative situations, cope effectively with dissenting team members and manage obstructive, difficult behaviour.
- What's the Matter With People Anyway?
- How to Identify and Relate to the Different Behavioural Styles
- Understanding and Dealing with Generational Differences.
- Dealing with Multi-cultural Teams
- Mars & Venus - Learn the Language!
- Giving Constructive Feedback Constructively!
- How to Negotiate Effectively
- How to Disagree Respectfully
- Managing your Manager
- How to Cope with Angry people
- Handling Angry and Abusive Customers
- How to Manage Your own Anger
- Dealing with Stress
- Is it Possible That I'm the Difficult Person?
- Five Power Questions
- Ready, set, go! Action Plan
"Jan is a wonderful trainer. I've never had someone so interesting and inspiring - she is really encouraging and makes me want to go back to work and really try hard to manage those difficult people.".
Amy Waite, Supervisor, Woolworths
"I feel much more confident with my new skills, especially on handling difficult customers. Jan was very clear, easy to understand and very comfortable with the group. She has a great knowledge of the subject - thank you Jan".
Penny Cook, Program Officer, Land and Water Australia
"I think Jan was brilliant, a good teacher and listener and I have learn't a lot even though I was a ‘Windbag' at times! I tried her techniques during the first week after the workshop and already have improved relationships with my mother, brother and my Boss. Thank you so much Jan."
Rachel Brown, Intimo
"I was very impressed with the program and my newly learned techniques. Being a highly technical person I see now that I lacked the emotional intelligence to cope with negatives situations. Jan was an excellent facilitator. Clear, concise and even elegant!"
Dr David Yeates PhD, CSIRO Entomology
"Jan put us into many ‘real life' situations but in a comfortable, encouraging environment. She drew the best out of the group and was very positive, interesting and professional. A great program".
Gillian Whiting, Intech
"Jan has given us the framework for implementing exciting new techniques and skills for managing those difficult people in our lives. Her expertise has been very beneficial - a great day and we're looking forward to seeing more of Jan around the organisation."
Frank McManus, Vice President H.R., McDonalds
|| To obtain more information on how you can have
this training delivered to your people please contact us.